Tales from the Great Aunt


I found out about two weeks that I am going to be a Great Aunt again.  Coming from a family of 4 siblings I have a lot of nephews and nieces and have been blessed to have 2 great nephews and 3 great nieces.  The only thing is with them is I have not had the pleasure of seeing them in a number of years.  When I found out that my sister was to become a grandmother for the first time I was excited because of the relationship I have with her children.  My nephew who has wanted to be a father for a long time has been blessed and we will get to meet the bundle of joy sometime in late August or September.  This is the same little boy at the age of 3 told me as we were swinging in the backyard that he wanted to marry me someday, it was hard to tell him that though it was a beautiful thought he couldn’t because I was his aunt.  I used to change his diapers, babysat him and his sister, singing him songs, chase him through the house to give him hugs and hold him when he had his tantrums yelling he hated me.  There is 16 years difference between us, but has been a joy to watch over the years going from a boy to become a father.  Once I heard the news I began to pull out all my craft books making plans on the projects I can’t wait to dive into for this little person.  My first project I decided to take an 18” x 22” canvas painting it turquoise, I then took the snippet fabric by moda cutting out the kids.  I glued them to a scrapped file folder cutting them out and glued them to the canvas.  Using wonder under I cut out the outfits heating them to the kids, I then took wooden ovals painting them white and adding thought bubbles. Each bubble represents what they want, my nephew loved the fairy if I would have put a dragon also I would have hit the trificta.  This is just the beginning of the projects next on the WIP is a circus quilt.  

The beginning

The middle

The End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great International Stash Busting Giveaway

Into Waters Unknown-January Edition Happy Homemaker Tag Swap

A Rose By Any Other Name: February’s Happy Homemaker Tag Along