The story of the quilt

Saturday was the triplets 1st birthday it was the first time I had seen them since they had come home from the hospital. Boy had they grown so much they are the most adorable babies full of looks of wonderment. I have to say they are some of the most content children I have seen they enjoyed being surrounded by people. In my previous update I posted the pictures for the girls quilts which unbeknown to me I did in their colors (Gods work on that one, but I also decided I would tackle a sundress. Now I am still a novice at sewing, but I thought how hard could it be to make a simple sundress I soon learned. I spent a weekend making them only to mess them up I gave up hope that they could be saved until I spoke with my sister. With the help of my sister who taught me the importance of not sewing everything up until you make a facing (which was something new to me), snaps, zipper and such. We spent Friday working on fixing them and I hope they fit them if not I will try again this time with the knowledge my yoda has given me. Friday I also finished their son's quilt and have every intention of making him a matching space ship I had started on it but in my rush on Saturday it became clear it was not to be, but I will complete it in time for the holidays. I was able to make the girls a sock doll each with the color each of their hair again without known I did it in their colors. I wrapped the dresses in the quilt laid the dolls on top and tied it with a ribbon. I hope that it holds a special place for them as they grow older. I am finding my style in that I love making toys and quilts when the fabric speaks to me it tells a story of what I hope to give to someone. I have some Dick and Jane fabric that spoke to me telling the tale of a childhood full of innocence and to hand that tale to someone else is a true gift.

Here are the photos I took of their presents sorry so blurry I was in a rush.





3 comments:

Cal said...

They are so lovely and glad you're persevering with the sundress. There are loads of mistakes in this house!!
You've given them something very special t cherish.
Cal x

creative breathing said...

You are having such fun with these babies! Your sundresses turned out as cute as can be. The little sock babies are so sweet. Fun all around! Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful week! Elizabeth

Aly Beth said...

I love these stories!!

~Aly

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin